After BlogBlogs released its public API, it became possible to develop plug-ins that used their data to display different information on our blogs. Using this widget its possible to retrieve you favorite blogs list, and keep it synchronized always.
What is a widget?
A widget is a component designed with the WorPress Plug-in known as Sidebar Widgets. It’s a simples plug-in, it permit you, on compatible themes, to easily add/remove information blocks from you sidebar, like RSS, text, post list, etc…
How to install
1. Confirm your installation and activation of the Sidebar Widgets plugin
2. Download the BB-Favs widget code
3. Copy the file bb-favs.php to the folder /wp-content/plugins/widgets/ and upload it to your server
4. Go to “Plug-ins” in the WordPress Dashboard and activate the BlogBlogs – Favoritos plug-in.
5. Go to “Presentation” and choose the option “SideBar Widgets”
6. Drag the bos labeled “BlogBlogs Favs” to you active widgets list in the position desired
7. Click on the image in the box to open the config window
8. Type in a title
9. Fill in you BlogBlogs’ username
10. Finally insert your BlogBlogs API Key (find out how to obtain one)
Done, save the changes and check out your blog, you should now have a list of your BlogBlogs favorites on your sidebar.
Demo: Check out my sidebar under BB Favs
This post is also available in: Portuguese (Brazil)